Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Avocado Brocco-Slaw

It is no secret I am a huge fan of Paleomg. Juli is hilarious, loves food, and writes a mean blog post. She also makes a mean bacon chili, which I also made today.

But this. This was amazing.

Spicy Avocado Slaw

I adapted it a little, but not much. I mostly just wanted to get it down to one serving size. My self-control with avocados is about like my self-control with almond butter. And I have been almond-butter-free for nearly 3 months. "Hello, my name is Mariah..." ;)


Brocco-slaw. Incredible. Nothing against shredded cabbage, or chopping your own cabbage. Broccoli is just amazing.


Mini-photo shoot with the avocado. I swear I will finally be able to spell "avocado" by the time I am done with this post.


Spices!


Oh, yum.


Does that look appetizing? Hopefully. That's what I was going for. My dad fondly referred to avocado as zest soap for most of his life. There's a reason.

Anyway, here's what I used:

1 avocado
1 cup broccoli coleslaw
Lime juice
Lemon juice
Olive oil, which I didn't use, but only because I forgot it.. Oops.

Spices, to taste:
  Cumin
  Chili powder
  Cumin
  Cayenne
  Onion powder
  Garlic powder
  Salt

Steps:

Throw everything in a bowl except for the slaw and mash/mix.
Add the slaw.
Taste.

Devour.

I ate mine with leftover meatloaf. So yummy.

And check out Juli's page! :)

Ps. Anyone else need a day to recover from your vacation day?? ;) Ugh. Memorial Day post coming soon, I promise.

No comments:

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician, I do not have any type of medical training, and my workouts and training are only intended for my personal recollection and your curiosity. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience. All images are subject to a personal copyright unless otherwise noted and cannot be used without permission. If you read to the end of this, congratulations.