Wednesday, February 22, 2012

An actual update... plus homemade HuHot!

My hubby and I love HuHot. Love it.

There's something about the endless buffet of raw foods and selection of oils and juices. Yet we always fill our bowls with the same thing. Again and again.

I did some digging around... found this recipe on Pinterest for Beef Bulgogi. I don't know what that word means, or how to even pronounce it. Plus I think the term "homemade HuHot" has a nice ring to it. :)


Homemade HuHot
...or possibly known as Stir-fry Beef and Veggies

***I updated this recipe. See the changes here!***

Anyway, I started with some "fajita" steak strips from the store. I should have probably just bought a steak and cut it myself. Laziness.


I'm not into noodles, but had some left over for the hubby to eat. He's a beef and noodle kinda-guy. These are yummy... but tend to get "pasty" if not cooked al dente.


Being mostly grain-free lately, I opted instead for veggies: shredded cabbage (which I found is quite easy to do yourself), 1/2 green pepper, 1/2 red onion, and my personal favorite, a serrano pepper.


Then I created this marinade:
1/4 cup Braggs liquid aminos
3-4 garlic cloves, chopped
1/2 cup orange juice
2 TB almond oil (supposed to use sesame)
Red pepper seasoning (I dumped quite a bit before I remembered the hubby doesn't always like things super spicy. It must have been okay because he didn't complain!)
Black pepper

I combined the marinade with the beef for about 15-20 minutes.

Started up my pans with some coconut oil, which is great for frying, and popped in my meat and veggies once they were hot.



It didn't take long for the meat to get done cooking, so I took out the beef strips and dropped in the noodles to give them a "fried" flavor/texture.


... and done!


Quite simple... and very quick! I've decided this will be my new go-to meal from now on. And it didn't even include cheese. hah!



Oh, for the love of HuHot... Mm.

-------------------------------------  -------------------------------------

In other news, we got rid of our Bonneville and replaced it with a Chevy Cobalt (turbo-charged) SS, 5-speed. It's quite the zippy little car, and it's been fun to renew my love affair with driving a manual again.


We're going to have to work something up with the headrests though. These forward-reaching headrests mess with my bun-head!

I'm really looking forward to a photography convention this weekend. I could sure use some refreshing, renewing, and inspiration photography-wise.

I'm finally getting my mojo back as far as working out goes. I've felt strong this whole week, my hips haven't really bothered me too much, and most of the "pain" I'm feeling lately has been more "sore-from-a-hard-workout" rather than straight up pain like before. I actually worked out with my trainer today, which was a blast. I may or may not have kicked his butt in our WOD. ;) Hello, overhead squats, burpees, kettlebell swings, and running!

Also, I just committed to something pretty huge coming up in September for which I'm super excited! More details to come later... :)

No comments:

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician, I do not have any type of medical training, and my workouts and training are only intended for my personal recollection and your curiosity. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience. All images are subject to a personal copyright unless otherwise noted and cannot be used without permission. If you read to the end of this, congratulations.