Thursday, September 10, 2009

Quirk.

I have this "quirk" about my personality. I've read about it throughout the many personality profiles and tests I've done in college/work/etc. And I think it's gosh-darn hilarious.

I'm one of those type-a personalities. You know, the director/the choleric, whatever system you use. Anal. In control, especially of everyone else. Sometimes overly perfectionistic. Not really a need for gushy, mushy compliments and small talk. Get to the point. Can often come off as abrupt or harsh. Wham-bam-thank-ya-ma'am.

Yeah, I'm one of thoooose people.

And the quirk. See, we're pretty good people, we control freaks: we don't really need rules. In fact, we're too good for rules. We've no use for them, and they simply don't apply. You need me to close up 5 minutes after the actual closing time? No-sir-ee, I don't think so. What? I need to rip out that seam and do it again? No way.. that'll work just fine the way it is.

It's not that we hate rules. In fact, we make rules up for other people all the time. We just don't need them for ourselves. And we might be just a bit better than you too... which is why we don't need the rules in the first place. Get over it.


And if we respect you, well, then we'll follow your rule for awhile. Especially if it's a pretty good rule. But just until we come up with a better one.



Now, I am not going to put a little disclaimer here that says I only get this symptom of my personality every so often.. so as not to offend anyone. I'm not. Because I don't need that rule of society.

No comments:

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician, I do not have any type of medical training, and my workouts and training are only intended for my personal recollection and your curiosity. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience. All images are subject to a personal copyright unless otherwise noted and cannot be used without permission. If you read to the end of this, congratulations.