Monday, December 26, 2011

Baked turkey roast with fresh garlic

I don't want to forget how I made this amazing delish turkey roast for supper this evening, so this is more of a note to self than anything. :)

I bought a 3-lb butterball turkey roast, with light and dark meat.

After it was thawed, I seasoned the turkey, top and bottom, with seasoning salt and onion powder and laid it on a bed of fresh garlic (5-6 cloves, cut up) and olive oil in a 8x8 glass baking dish. I drizzled some more olive oil on top, covered it with tinfoil, and put it in the oven at 325*. After an hour and a half at 325, the internal temp of the turkey was just about 170*, which I've read is standard for making sure it was done. After that, I took the tinfoil off, turned the oven up to 350, and left it in there another half hour.

The skin of the turkey got just a bit crispy, but the inside was still very moist and tender... perfect!

It honestly tasted like delicious fried chicken. Mmm.

The good thing was, we both chowed down (I believe we ate nearly half the 3-pound roast between the two of us!), so we both had stinky garlic breath. :)

Yum. Plenty of leftovers, too. I'll definitely be making that again! And then I'll take some pics too. hah.

No comments:

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician, I do not have any type of medical training, and my workouts and training are only intended for my personal recollection and your curiosity. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience. All images are subject to a personal copyright unless otherwise noted and cannot be used without permission. If you read to the end of this, congratulations.