Monday, December 5, 2011

Interesting video...

 We're all on a nutritional journey, I understand that. We find thoughts and ideas that make sense to us, until we stumble upon something different that opens up new ideas and thoughts.

 Now some of you may have heard about the Paleo Diet, or the hunter-gatherer lifestyle, or primal-eating-something-or-other. I've been curiously delving into different websites, blogs, and Facebook pages of doctors, Cross Fit enthusiasts, and people who have turned to this lifestyle who have tried everything before landing on this.

I'm not sure yet where my stance is on everything, but it's exciting to research and learn about new things. I do seem to agree with many of the points, but think I'll just keep researching and reading for now.

With that being said, I might post some different links to articles or videos I find interesting, such as this one.

http://chriskresser.com/the-saturated-fat-myth-debunked-in-two-minutes-and-thirty-five-seconds

The concept that fat does NOT make you fat is still one I'm working my brain around. All the science makes sense, but we've been so ingrained to believe that the way to get healthy is to cut fat! We've also been so trained to believe that if you have high cholesterol, the last thing you want to do is eat fat.

This is another article about that very thing: http://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/why-skim-milk-will-make-you-fat-and/

Anyway, this is all still very new to me, but hopefully you'll bear with me as I share some of the things that I come across! :)

No comments:

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician, I do not have any type of medical training, and my workouts and training are only intended for my personal recollection and your curiosity. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience. All images are subject to a personal copyright unless otherwise noted and cannot be used without permission. If you read to the end of this, congratulations.