Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Oh, glory be.

I'm posting a recipe. Alert the press. Tell your friends. Call your grandma.

No final picture. References available upon request.

Proceed at your own risk.


(PS. 87% of the glory goes to my mother, who combed through three different enchilada recipes... and I didn't entirely use the one she came up with anyway. I wrote down what I did later, though, so this should be fairly accurate.)





Enchiladas. Amazing. Watch out, Solea.

Team Players: (PS. I apologize to all you non-Pick'n'Save shoppers. They just have the best selection for all of these types of things. I will definitely get this green taco sauce again. Probably the hot version, though. Some day when I don't have enough to do, I should count the varieties of organic olive oil they carry. I'd be there awhile.)

Cook:
  1-lb hamburger meat (I used half ground turkey, half ground beef)

(Rinse), Add:
  1-pkt taco seasoning
  1/2-can refried beans

Mix with:
  4-oz cream cheese
  1 1/2-cups shredded (sharp cheddar) cheese
  1-can mild green chiles
  (For all of you with husbands that enjoy onions, feel free to chop some up in there.)

Mixture can be made up ahead of time and refrigerated. (Very convenient for Sunday mornings.. heh.)

Roll up in tortillas, seam side down, in a extremely well-greased 9x13 pan.
(Author note. It was not 12:52. And I doubled all this, hence the 1/2 this and that.)


Sauce:
  1/2-can green enchilada sauce (never been a fan of the red stuff)
  1/2-bottle mild green taco sauce
  4-oz sour cream
  Cumin, chilli powder to taste... about 1-2 teaspoons/ea is a good starting point.


Not appetizing looking at all, eh?

Pour over entire area of tortillas. (Unless you like crispy edges. Your call.)

Bake 60 min at 350.

Take out and sprinkle with shredded (sharp cheddar) cheese while you're waiting for the family to get up to the table. ;)

3 comments:

Deirdre Remmers said...

Good job with the recipe, you even thought ahead to take pictures. Good to know you can intuitively create some good food. I'm proud of you.

Deirdre Remmers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

seriously...
ever since then.
i crave these.
sooooo good!

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician, I do not have any type of medical training, and my workouts and training are only intended for my personal recollection and your curiosity. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience. All images are subject to a personal copyright unless otherwise noted and cannot be used without permission. If you read to the end of this, congratulations.