Wednesday, May 20, 2009

It will NOT die!

So here's a cute story about Frank the Wasp.

Tuesday (yesterday) the internet guy was at our house.. great wonderful. Anyway, he must have let in a wasp... and so I noticed it just happily buzzing away by the window by my computer... We'll call him Frank.

eek. So I call Joel and ask him where he was. He's like, on 41, why? "Cause there's this wasp downstairs..." *grimace* *curl up into the fetal position* *tremors of fear*

And he comes home, gets the flyswatter (really, how could a person get that close to a wasp?), and promptly gets it. And puts it in the trash upstairs in the kitchen. My hero.

So today, I get home from my interview, have lunch, go to throw away my napkin... and well, looky-here. Stupid thing is still alive. Guess I won't use that garbage for the rest of the day... good thing we have a garbage can with a lid on it. So he "kills" it again. My hero.

And now tonight after meeting... well, helllooooo, Frank, dearest... and sitting in the same spot as the first time. I shriek, Joel finally hacks on the stupid thing with something metal, and he takes the garbage outside this time.. my hero. :)

DIE, stupid thing! No wonder I hate wasps. I think they can smell fear.



I guess the thing that worries me the most is I would miss hitting them with the fly swatter.. and then I would run away. And then they would attack me. And then all their wasp buddies would come and attack me. And then I would curl up and die, because its my biggest phobia... and I'm such a big wimp so I'd probably have a heart attack. urk. Bugs in general give me the creepies.. but then when they can hurt you?

1 comment:

Erica said...

I feel your pain. I can take rodents, spiders, etc. but if it has a stinger. I hide.

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician, I do not have any type of medical training, and my workouts and training are only intended for my personal recollection and your curiosity. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience. All images are subject to a personal copyright unless otherwise noted and cannot be used without permission. If you read to the end of this, congratulations.