Saturday, May 2, 2009

Too many irons...

... in the fire.

A lot has gone down this week. Too busy to post. And certainly too much on my mind to write in complete sentences. :)

I *did* end up getting sick Monday evening... and was really sick on Tuesday. Now the leftover remains are a slightly stuffy nose, and lots of pressure in my head/neck/back. Or that part is just from stress, who knows.

This week I had to get all my portfolio images sent to the lab so they could print my beautiful 11x14 images, mount them and get them back to me by Wednesday. I finally had to call and after a little bit of persuading, I picked them up Thursday morning. Needless to say I wasn't too happy, as I had specified they needed to be picked up Wednesday afternoon.. mm. Anyway, after looking at them, 1 of them was scratched, 2-3 of them had spots on them that were white.. I think maybe it was a little scratch?, and all but one had big greasy fingerprints on them. ew. One of them was even cut weird. But I'm over it. I had one of my teachers help me fill in the scratch, so that's all good.

Also on Wednesday, I get this call from my landlord. She says that this guy is coming over to look at the place and wants me to show him the apartment. ... What? Hello. I don't want to let some strange guy in, especially when the landlord isn't going to be there. And I doubly don't want to do my landlord's job. Ugh. Anyway, I guess it went okay.

After meeting on Wednesday, I went over to Lisa's and went for a short walk with her. It was great to get some fresh air and catch up a little.

Thursday morning, I get a call right after I begin my first class at 11:00, which is the mortgage rep asking me to make sure we bring our reciept of 1-yr prepaid homeowner's insurance to the closing. The closing was yesterday. As in Friday. And he called me Thursday at 11:05. Dork. We're first time home-owners, we aren't going through a realtor or lawyer, and so the only information we get is from you, the mortgage rep. And we didn't think about that. So.... after I got out of class at 3, I started rushing around, calling our insurance agent, and other freaking-out behaviors. As it ended up, our insurance agent is a doll who stayed until 6, getting this figured out for me. Whew.

Our closing was yesterday, and it went relatively well... as well as it could have gone with our dork of a mortgage rep. He had to leave a couple times and make sure that we were making the check out right and something else that was not figuring right. I bet we spent 30 minutes just by ourselves waiting for him to get back. Anyway, it's all over and done with and we're the proud owners of a duplex! woo hoo.

Monday, I've got "Portfolio Day," which is where we take our portfolios to 5 different mock interviews with professional photographers that our instructor has invited to come. They go through our portfolio and interview us, and determine whether our portfolio is "acceptable" or not. It will be fun as I know some of the photographers interviewing me... :) I'm not too worried about doing well.

However, I do want to get a new accessory for an outfit for Monday. Something cute and cheap, like a new scarf. You know, just something to dress up the day a little. :)

1 comment:

Elissa & Logan said...

WOOHOO! Yesh..what a DORK! Glad it went the fun part is decorating and stuff! :D yay! when's your graduation? good luck on all your last projects!!

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician, I do not have any type of medical training, and my workouts and training are only intended for my personal recollection and your curiosity. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience. All images are subject to a personal copyright unless otherwise noted and cannot be used without permission. If you read to the end of this, congratulations.