Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Cholesterol.

We're ingrained to cringe at that word.

However, I came across another great article that debunks the original study where they concluded that cholesterol = bad and moves on to exciting territory: cholesterol = good!

This guy is a genius. Read the article here: Cholesterol Doesn't Cause Heart Disease

From the article:
Contrary to popular belief, cholesterol is not a dangerous poison that causes heart disease. Rather, it is an essential nutrient present in the cell membranes of all tissues of all mammals, and has some very important functions in the body.

And another phrase:
As you can see, not only does high cholesterol not cause heart disease, low cholesterol can actually be dangerous to your health. So toss out your vegetable oil and start eating butter and eggs again!

Yessir. I'm on it!

This was my supper the other night: grass-fed, sugar-free bacon, 3 eggs (I added another one after the photo), turkey roast meat, and a few green pepper slices. Fried in bacon grease. Delicious.



Wondering what does cause heart disease?

Another couple good articles to ponder:
All About Inflammation
and
Definitive Guide to Grains


Happy reading! :)

No comments:

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician, I do not have any type of medical training, and my workouts and training are only intended for my personal recollection and your curiosity. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience. All images are subject to a personal copyright unless otherwise noted and cannot be used without permission. If you read to the end of this, congratulations.