Monday, April 2, 2012

*Insert witty title here*

My creative writing streak must have disappeared.

Maybe it was the bajillion errands I had to run today. Seriously, how can a person waste an entire afternoon just running around town?

Oh well.

Anyway, last week, I made a little impulse buy. Shame on me.

I looked all around at the grocery store, trying to find some sort of breakfast sausage that didn't have msg or other nasties in it to "protect the flavor." Right.

Being at the grocery store was probably my first problem. ;)

Anyway, I stumbled upon this.


I read the ingredients. And threw it in the cart.

And this morning, I fried it up and used some in my breakfast hash. Sorry, bacon. It's not you, it's me. Promise.

Oh. my. word. Hello, delicious!

A bit dramatic, but then again, I usually am.

The sausage was not spicy at all (a little bit of a bummer, since I love all things spicy), but had a slightly sweet flavor, which complimented my sweet potatoes.

Then, I hopped online tonight and come to find out, NorthStar Bison sells things other than bison meat. Annnnd, here's the kicker: 100% grass-fed. Wow!

And they're based in Wisconsin and Minnesota, which is another thing that I had missed in my impulse buy.


Long story short? Check them out! Again, here's their website and their Facebook page. They sell online also and seem like a great small family business to support. And nope, no compensation/benefit paid to me for this little advertisement. :)

I can't wait to try other products!

No comments:

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician, I do not have any type of medical training, and my workouts and training are only intended for my personal recollection and your curiosity. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience. All images are subject to a personal copyright unless otherwise noted and cannot be used without permission. If you read to the end of this, congratulations.