Friday, May 4, 2012

Eggs, part 1

No food posts in a while.. my apologies.

I haven't been too creative in the kitchen lately as far as new recipes go.. but, I have been eating a whooole lot more eggs. :) So. Get ready for some egg posts, as I show you what all I've been combining.

On a completely-related side note, I'm super excited to start getting farm-fresh eggs. Next week.. score!

Anyway, I'm not too keen on scrambled eggs, for some reason. I think it's because I just love over-easy eggs so much. Change is good, right? Trying new things and all that?

A little while ago, I threw together some taco meat I always keep ready in the fridge with some onion slices, peppers, spices (my favorites are cumin, chili powder, and cayenne), and eggs, obviously. Then I garnished it with salsa and cilantro. Yum!


Fresh cilantro. Tasty.


See all the fat on the taco meat? I might be the only person that adds butter to fatty turkey and beef burger when I cook it. Mmm. Butter.


Oh, speaking of... Let's add more! Yum. I'm completely hooked on pastured/grass-fed-butter. It's incredible.


Sizzle!


Yes, I did mix these all up, unfortunately..


... and it made for a sweet action shot!


Scrambled eggs look quite blah, once cooked..


.. but topped with salsa and cilantro, it looks incredible!


In other random news, there's not a lot happening. I photographed my first wedding last weekend, which was fun. I still can't believe "the season" is approaching so rapidly. :) If you want, you can check it out here on my Baseman Studios blog.

Also, I've been doing a teensy bit of shopping. With the coming of spring, and the fact that last spring I was multiple pounds heavier, my whole entire closet (which isn't much anymore!) was full of black. Of course, I had to take some pics! Yay for wardrobes with color!




Mmkay, I'm determined to not be one of those lame Friday night bloggers, so I'm out! :)

No comments:

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician, I do not have any type of medical training, and my workouts and training are only intended for my personal recollection and your curiosity. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience. All images are subject to a personal copyright unless otherwise noted and cannot be used without permission. If you read to the end of this, congratulations.