Wednesday, May 2, 2012

A spinny hug

Last week, I sat down and wrote a blog post about all my fears, insecurities, and things that scare me. Yes. I have fears. Things do scare me.

Obviously, I didn't publish the post... fear of rejection is one of those. ;)

It felt great just to acknowledge how I was feeling, to put into words what had only been vague thoughts and nagging doubts.



I told myself that it was okay to feel that way; it was okay to have some of these fears; it was okay to be insecure about different things. To have fear is very rational. Acknowledging that was comforting.

It was like a little mental squeeze huge spinny hug to myself. Not familiar with those? When the hubbs and I first started dating, he would pick me up in a hug and swing me around in circles... it feels like you're flying. Plus you're hugging the love of your life. Incredible feeling. :) Spinny hugs are amazing.



Then today, I deleted it.

Fear is a good thing. Sometimes.

Other times, just simply acknowledging it and deciding to move on is the better thing to do. Fear can be crippling; it makes us indecisive and doubtful.

This is what scares me. Right now.

Without a second glance... I deleted it.

And now? It's in the past. No more dwelling on it. It's time to move forward.



Do you have fears? Anxiety? Worries?

Write them down. Give yourself a spinny hug. And throw your list away.

No comments:

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician, I do not have any type of medical training, and my workouts and training are only intended for my personal recollection and your curiosity. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience. All images are subject to a personal copyright unless otherwise noted and cannot be used without permission. If you read to the end of this, congratulations.