Thursday, March 8, 2012

Meatloaf. No bacon. Sadface.

Yes, last night I made meatloaf.

It was pretty much amazing. Except after I had it all ready and in the oven, I learned that you can put bacon on meatloaf. Bacon. Meatloaf. Wow. Kicking myself now.

It was super simple. And there was no veggies. My husband doesn't like veggies. He also likes his meatloaf cooked in a bag, but I won't go there. ;)

1-lb beef burger
1-lb turkey burger
2-eggs
4-TB flax meal
Beef fat from a leftover roast
    (I think this is what made mine so moist and yummy!)
Could use coconut oil/fat

Seasonings:
Onion powder
Garlic powder
Salt
Rosemary/thyme (main seasonings from my beef fat)

Mush together, mix well, get your hands gooey. Mash it well. Pretend it's your neighbor's brains. You know? The one with the annoying dog that barks for hours on end? No? That's just me? Okay.

Spread into an 8x8 pan.

Bake uncovered at 350* for an hour.

Easy peasy. I've wanted to say that phrase on here for a long time. Does that make me weird?


Pardon the iPhone pic. Always looks over-saturated.

I can't wait to try it without the rosemary/thyme flavor and add bacon. Mm. Bacon.

No comments:

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician, I do not have any type of medical training, and my workouts and training are only intended for my personal recollection and your curiosity. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience. All images are subject to a personal copyright unless otherwise noted and cannot be used without permission. If you read to the end of this, congratulations.