Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pan-fried Salmon Filets

Oh, for laziness.

I found this easy way to fry up salmon filets from (where else?) Pinterest a long time ago. I've made them several times without fail... so it must be easy!


Now, isn't this package pretty? I'm a sucker for pretty packaging. What they don't tell you on the package....


.... is that they are skin-on salmon filets! I may or may not have been seriously grossed out the first time I discovered this. Ew. I keep buying them though. I've been told that cooking the filets with the skin on provides more health benefits. Mmkay.

You'll want to make sure the filets are completely thawed and close to room temperature. I like to pat them dry too. High fat meat = slimy. True story.


You'll want to use lots of salt and pepper.


Heat your pan to medium-high , then add plenty of butter. Puh-lenty of butter.

Drop the filets in skin side down, and cook until you see the white color start creeping up the middle of the filet. See it?! It takes 1-3 minutes, depending on how hot your pan is.


Then flip the filets over, and pop them in a preheated 350* oven for 3-5 minutes.


The skin should be relatively easy to peel off, especially if your pan was hot enough when you put the filets in there.

And... enjoy! That warm fuzzy feeling you get? Yeah, that's the meat sweats. Nothing like a high-protein, high-fat meal to keep you satiated for hours. :)

Pan-fried Salmon Filets

Butter
Salmon filets, thawed and patted dry at room temperature
Salt
Pepper

Preheat oven to 350*
Heat empty pan to medium-high
Add butter
Add filets, skin-side down if applicable
Cook until flesh turns white half-way up (about 1-3 minutes)
Flip filets
Immediately transfer pan to oven for an additional 1-3 minutes

Peel skin, and enjoy!

No comments:

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician, I do not have any type of medical training, and my workouts and training are only intended for my personal recollection and your curiosity. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience. All images are subject to a personal copyright unless otherwise noted and cannot be used without permission. If you read to the end of this, congratulations.