Thursday, March 15, 2012

Turkey Parm.. and 195-pounds!

Isn't this beautiful?





This is the result of chalk use.

And pulling some crazy-heavy weight off the floor. I reached a new deadlift PR (personal record) this morning: 195 pounds! *happy face* 

And I got two reps at 195-lbs.  *perma-grin*

Attempted 205, but failed.

Deadlifts make me feel like a beast, which is one of my highest compliments I can bestow on someone. Once I pass a 200-lb deadlift, I will officially call myself a beast.


Anyway, my last PR on these was a loooong time ago at 175-lbs. This last Monday, I did two sets of 8 at 175-lbs, so I knew I had quite a bit more in me.


Quite honestly, I don't know what other accomplishment in my life has given me that much joy. Maybe making All-State 2-years in a row in high school. Or one of my many "outstanding performance" solos. A few of my photo assignments, maybe. A really great senior image, possibly.

But, lifting gives me such a rush like nothing else does. I grin like an idiot. :)

Finished up the day with more fun things like split-jerks and a WOD (CrossFit style workout) that included a couple rounds of powercleans, kettlebell swings, toes-to-bar, and 30-calorie runs.


Ahh, what an incredible morning. :) Taking the last two days "off" was worth it!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, let's talk food!


'Tis the week for updating old recipes. I'm always trying to improve things. I think it drives my other half crazy.

(Here is the original post for turkey parm, in case you were wondering.)

However, according to the hubbs, I had never made this before. That's okay. Last time I made it, he didn't enjoy it. At all. I'm pretty sure he told me to file the recipe carefully in the trash.

This time, he literally had it gone before I was half done. And that never happens because I can eat really, really fast. Seriously. It's like a talent.

Except not. I should probably work on that.


Anyway, I didn't really do a whole lot to my turkey parm this time, because let's face it... it was amazing the first time.

However, I did take a few new pictures. Score!


Chopped almonds. Mmm.


These bad boys sure won't win any food-beauty awards, but man, they taste yummy!

Turkey Parmesan with Marinara

Combine:
Italian seasoning
Oregano
Onion powder
Parmesan, small amount (otherwise will burn in the pan)
Ground flax seeds/meal
Ground/finely chopped almonds or almond meal (I actually liked having a few crunchy almond pieces in there!)
Salt
Chopped garlic
2 eggs, or however many you need to make it into a sticky paste of sorts


Heat pan with coconut oil.

Rub mixture on both sides of the meat
Throw them in the pan for 2-ish minutes on each side.

I fried 2-3 breasts at a time and put more coconut oil in each time.

Garnish with heated marinara.

I found a natural four-cheese marinara that was just the tomatoes, cheeses, and seasonings... no sugar added. Score! I'm sure there are better ones out there, but was at Walmart (ugh) so didn't have much to choose from.



Now that I look at this, it seems like something died tragically on my turkey. Hah! Oh well, it was delicious.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician, I do not have any type of medical training, and my workouts and training are only intended for my personal recollection and your curiosity. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience. All images are subject to a personal copyright unless otherwise noted and cannot be used without permission. If you read to the end of this, congratulations.