Thursday, March 22, 2012

Meatza. Pizza. You know.

You know you want some.


Pretty much the simplest thing ever.

I fried up some plain turkey breast cutlets the other night with this "meatza" thought in mind. Gotta love that coconut oil!

Anyway, I've been having some serious pizza cravings. Serious. And what's the best part about pizza? The toppings! Obviously.

So, I heated up the turkey breast a bit in the microwave, sprinkled on some Italian seasoning and oregano, slathered on some leftover marinara, threw on some grated cheese, and popped it in the toaster oven for about 5 minutes on broil to heat up the marinara and cheese.

This. was. incredible.

Next time, I'll be using more toppings, like some sausage/pepperoni. However, this gave me the little pizza fix I'd been needing.

Raise your hand if you think I need to get some new plain plates to take pictures of my food on. *raises hand*  Maybe someday I'll ditch the Corelware and use our chipped, square, black wedding plates. Does food look good against black? I'm thinking no, unfortunately...



In other news, our dog as some serious spring fever. She wants to "go outside" about every 20 minutes. Not that I'm complaining too much, seeing as it's beautiful out lately. However, it's a little excessive... And it might be just because she has quite the flirtatious relationship with the dog next door. He's a sweet little Yorkie named "Crash." Isn't that cute?

It's fun to have some nice neighbors that don't freak us out or have dogs that growl at Turbs! They're a young engaged couple that seem about our age.


Finally, a random for you all. I found some contraband items in the gym yesterday, left unattended. There's a long story behind the older gal who carries these around. She may or may not be the one that used to steal all my equipment during the middle of timed workouts. ;)

Speaking of workouts. This week seems to have been another turning point for me. Thank goodness. I'm still having some hip soreness and dealing with some of the fallout from my shoulders being messed up/tendonitis in my arm from the burpees.

However, I feel like I'm getting some of my mojo back. My muscle soreness lately has been "good-workout" sore rather than "oh-my-word,-my-hips-are-going-to-fall-off" pain.

I'm determined to not mess it up again this time. Even if that means taking a few rest days now and then.


I came across this quote the other day, and I love it!

"The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out; the brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They are there to stop the other people!" ---Randy Pausch (The Last Lecture)


The other day, I did back squats for the first time since I injured my hips. Well, the first time with any real weight. It was a glorious feeling. Until the next morning. And the morning after that. And then I wondered what I did to myself. ;)

Again, though, my muscles were super sore, but not something-is-wrong sore. Phew.


Another great quote.

No comments:

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician, I do not have any type of medical training, and my workouts and training are only intended for my personal recollection and your curiosity. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience. All images are subject to a personal copyright unless otherwise noted and cannot be used without permission. If you read to the end of this, congratulations.